Sales on Facebook
There are many online marketing channels to choose from, so it can be tempting to list your products on every channel. Facebook sales have become more popular than ever.
The key to eCommerce success is to choose a channel that will work well for your online business.
Since there are so many global platforms to choose from, we’re going to discuss everything about Facebook sales that you need to know.
What is Facebook?
Facebook is a social media network that has been available to the public since 2006. It’s become one of the most popular platforms globally and has fundamentally changed the way people interact with each other.
In recent years, Facebook has acquired complementary services, such as WhatsApp and Instagram, which are massive platforms in their own right.
Because of this, Facebook represents one of the most lucrative places for online stores and businesses to advertise their products and services. Facebook sales are worth learning more about.
How much do Facebook Sales cost?
Creating a business profile or ‘page’ on Facebook is free. You can also set up a Facebook Shop for free, which gives you a new place for your customers to engage with your products.
However, there are costs involved when looking at advertising on Facebook. For starters, it would greatly benefit your marketing efforts if you link your existing website (that you’ve paid for) to your Facebook profile, so you can accurately direct users to purchase from you.
Additionally, advertising with Facebook can cost varying amounts. You are able to set an initial budget with Facebook and run your ads according to your weekly budget.
As a user, you can also set up ad campaigns that have a variable cost depending on the results you get. Similarly, it’s no issue to alter this budget with your bid strategy.
Facebook has also added controls such as campaign and account spending limits to ensure you stay within your stipulated budget.
Why should I use Facebook for sales?
- Facebook is flexible in terms of budget. You can work with what you can afford, and you can easily adjust your budget accordingly.
- Improve brand awareness by advertising on Facebook.
- Drive visitors to your website through Facebook.
- Reach a massive audience of potential customers. There are over 2 billion monthly active users on Facebook!
- You can customize your Facebook Page to elicit better results, depending on your goals.
- Interact directly with your audience. Having a dedicated Facebook Page allows for broader engagement and understanding of your audience. You can continuously monitor and improve your page.
Considerations when using Facebook
- To make the most of Facebook advertising, you will need to invest in paid advertising.
- Setting up a Facebook page requires time and effort initially. Don’t rush this process if you want to see real results.
- You will need to develop your marketing strategy to work on Facebook. You may need to boost your posts to broaden who sees your posts and ads.
- There are often delayed response times from Facebook.
- Facebook algorithms continuously change, meaning that you’ll need to be adaptable.
- Any negative reviews left by unhappy customers will be public on your page.
Facebook Sales Features
- Dedicated Facebook Shops let you sell across Instagram and Facebook through one single storefront.
- There are many locations to advertise on, including Newsfeeds, Facebook Marketplace, and other Facebook channels.
- Impressive analytics functionality lets you monitor how well your brand is performing
Facebook is supported in most countries worldwide.
In-stream Facebook Ads are currently available in:
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South Korea
- The Netherlands
- The Philippines
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
To find out more about countries you can target, please read more from Facebook about Countries included in Global Targeting.
You can add Data Sources within the Facebook Commerce Manager that allow you to add partner platforms.
ShoppingFeeder is currently busy on an extension for Facebook Business that will further assist ShoppingFeeder customers.
There’s a reason that Facebook is one of the most popular places. Facebook sales can leverage millions of active users in your country.
Ads on Facebook can feature in many locations, including in Instagram and within the Newsfeeds of your potential audience.
One key element to remember with Facebook is that its technology is constantly changing, so you’ll need to be adaptable in order to ensure your business profile is performing optimally.