Using Google Ads
It can be tempting to list your products everywhere. However, different marketplaces function in dramatically different ways, for instance, using Google Ads has a specific process. To achieve eCommerce success, you must choose a channel that will work well for your online store.
We’re going to discuss everything about selling on Google that you need to know:
- What is Google?
- How much do Google Ads cost?
- Pros and Cons of Google Ads
- Supported Countries
What is Google?
Google is undeniably the largest and most popular search engine in the world. At the time of writing, it is estimated that there are over a billion active users on Google every day, and Google processed over 63,000 search queries every second!
Due to the massive size and potential of Google, it’s no surprise that there are many places for store owners to advertise their products and stores. Some of the most popular places to advertise include Google Shopping, Search Engine Results Pages and elsewhere on the Google Display Network, such as on Youtube.
How much does advertising on Google Cost?
The cost of advertising on Google will depend on the keywords you’re using, as well as the location you’ve chosen for your ads.
Google ads operate on a cost-per-click model, meaning that you’ll pay Google whenever someone clicks on your ad.
You can expect different prices depending on the industry you’re in, and how competitive it is.
For example, business services such as lawyers and accountants can have a cost per click of $50. However, this is low when you consider that the average customer brings in well over $1000.
For instance, apparel and clothing companies in the US have an average CPC of $0.89 on Google Ads or $0.54 on Google Shopping for the same keyword.
There are many variables that can impact your position.
Why should I use Google advertising?
- You can achieve instant results from Google, and can go live on their platforms fairly quickly.
- Using their search engine results will give you massive exposure for your business and products.
- Google Ads allow you to work with whatever budget you have. You can also easily change this to a higher or lower amount.
- Gain full control of your ads, and easily turn them on or off whenever needed.
- Google is one of the best when it comes to measuring your results. Gain lots of data quickly which can help you experiment and improve your campaigns.
Considerations when using Google Ads
Some of the main drawbacks to using Google Ads include:
- You’ll pay for each click to your website with their CPC model.
- Some industries have a higher cost per click depending on their competitiveness.
- Your ads will stop once your budget runs out.
- Ads include limitations, such as 90 characters for the body of text, and 30 characters for headings.
- To be effective, you will need to have high-quality landing pages in order to convert your potential customers.
- There is a learning curve when it comes to using Google Ads. You will need to spend some time learning how to create and manage your ads if you aren’t using an ad partner.
- You will need to choose the most appropriate keywords for your campaigns in order to be effective.
Some of the best features of using Google include:
- Create customer segments based on demographic data.
- Use demographic and interest data within your analytics reports. Find out how your site audience breaks down into different groups of Age, Gender, and Interests.
- Easily create remarketing campaigns based on specific demographics, interests and behaviours.
- Use response search ads to grow your clicks and conversions.
- Choose from many places to advertise, including YouTube and Google Shopping.
Google Ads is available in most countries around the world. Some regions which aren’t allowed include:
- North Korea
If your country isn’t listed above, you can likely access Google Ads with little to no restrictions.
One of the easiest ways to integrate Google Ads is by using ShoppingFeeder. ShoppingFeeder makes it easy for you to make product changes and go live on Google Shopping. We can also manage your ad campaigns for you.
Something we recommend doing is linking your Google Ads and Google Analytics accounts. This will help you gain a better understanding of how your ads are performing.
You can also link Google Ads to Google Pay, Google Shopping, Google AdMob and many more.
There’s a reason Google Ads is one of the world’s most sought-after platforms for advertising.
If you feel unsure, you could always take up Google’s offer of free listings on Google Shopping to see how your store performs.