Setting up Bing Product Ads
If you’re an online merchant, it may be useful to start listing your products on Bing. You may also wish to set up Bing Product Ads on the platform.
Bing is a strong competitor to Google and is currently the second largest search engine in the world.
However, to start leveraging Bing’s audience, you’ll need to set up and optimize your ads.
We’ll cover everything you need to know, including:
Using Bing Product Ads
You may be wondering why you should consider using Bing Product Ads.
A significant benefit of Bing Product Ads is they allow stores to access a new audience that Google may not reach. Some users prefer Bing to Google when searching for products.
Bing’s audience also has a different demographic than Google, so it may be worthwhile to examine these differences.
Therefore, you should use a combination of Google Product Listing Ads and Bing Ads to maximize your reach truly.
How to Set Up Bing Product Ads
Starting with your ads is the foundational step and will allow you to ensure you are correctly set up on Bing.
- Firstly, you will need to create a store within the Bing Merchant Center. You will need to verify ownership of your website with Bing to continue.
- Next, you must upload your Shopping / Product Feed. Bing will use your feed’s information to create the content for your ads. Therefore, it is vital that your data feed is accurate and updated regularly while sticking to Bing’s requirements.
- Finally, you can create a Bing shopping campaign. This feature will create ads for your campaign and includes settings like allocating a budget, audience targeting, product filters and more. Using a product filter allows you to promote specific products in particular locations.
ShoppingFeeder can also assist you with setting up on Bing and automatically updating your product feed, so give it a look in case you need help with automating your product listings on Bing or Google.
Optimizing your Ads
Once you have set up Bing Product Ads, you will need to optimize them. The benefit to optimizing your ads means that more people will see your ads, and their quality will improve.
You can optimize your product ads by:
- Frequently updating your product feed
- Using keywords within product titles and descriptions
- Using user-friendly language throughout your product listings
- Using high-quality images that show off your products
- Adding sizes and colours in your product feed and product description
Benefits of Bing Product Ads
Still unsure about Bing? Here are some of the main benefits of using Bing Product Ads:
- Improved conversions. Bing users who click on your Product Ads are likely to be closer to a final buying decision than other platforms. They would have already seen your product’s image at this stage that hopefully convinced them to follow through on their purchase.
- Higher click-through rate. Bing ads stand out from other page results on the page. Their prominence helps them enjoy a higher click-through rate.
- Improved engagement. Increase brand awareness and enhance customer engagement with Bing ads.
- Prioritize products. Bing provides merchants with the tools needed to prioritize your products. These could be new products or products that generally perform well.
- Easy to set up. Bing Ads are early to set up. You can also import ad settings from your Google Product Listing Ads as an added time-saving feature.
- Lower cost. PPC on Bing is a lot cheaper than on Google due to the difference in traffic.
Setting up on Bing can be extremely beneficial for online stores. For example, you may be able to advertise to an audience that is not at all active on Google Shopping.
Additionally, you may find a higher click-through rate and lower cost of advertising when using Bing.
We think this channel is worth trying anyway, as it is a low-risk marketing channel.