Selling on Gumtree
With eCommerce booming, there are so many options when it comes to choosing a channel to list your products on. To avoid feeling overwhelmed by all the options, we’ll be focusing purely on what selling on Gumtree entails.
Gumtree is an online classifieds website that allows individuals and businesses to post ads to local communities. Gumtree has launched a new feature, Gumtree ProTool, which makes selling as a business so much easier.
This new addition allows you, as a business owner, the opportunity to:
- Access several features at a lower cost, compared to regular Gumtree
- Create Ads that last longer than 30 days
- Easily manage listings and leads from one simple dashboard
- Receive reports on ad performance
- See identifiable leads through email and phone number
- Save time and focus your efforts on other areas of your business!
Since we have a general overview of Gumtree’s latest feature, let’s dive deeper into why you should consider using Gumtree, pricing, integrations and FAQ’s.
Why should I use Gumtree?
As with anything, it’s important to know how the product/service will be of benefit to you. Here are a few reasons why you should consider listing on Gumtree:
- Gumtree receives over 5 million unique monthly visitors that are ready to purchase. Their goods category (including their Home and Garden, Fashion and Electronics page) receives between 500k-1 million visits every single month.
- More than 100,000 small enterprises use Gumtree to promote their services and goods.
- They have invested more than R1 Million in SEO this year to date, driving traffic to their listers. You’re sure to find Gumtree on the 1st page of a Google search.
- Ads don’t expire after 30 days, so there is no need to load each of them again every month.
Gumtree ProTool offers various monthly packages, to accommodate all types of business needs. These package options range between 25 listings and 1000 listings. Although a bespoke deal can be arranged if you require more than 1000 listings.
See below a detailed guide:
Although these prices are VAT exclusive, they’re still great value for money!
The question we know you’ve been wanting an answer to: Can you connect your ShoppingFeeder account to Gumtree?
The answer: YES
To make selling on Gumtree even easier, connect your ShoppingFeeder account to the channel to automatically update your product ad listings.
To link the two, you’ll need to follow the below steps:
- 1. Complete a Goods Insertion Order
- This will involve selecting/’ticking’ one of the pricing packages, as listed above, completing the application form, signing the document, scanning it and sending it back to [email protected]
- 2. Log into your ShoppingFeeder account
- 3. Click the + button next to Feed Management in the left menu, followed by Channel Management
- 4. Once on the Channel Management page, scroll down to Subscribe to Channels. In the search bar, type “Gumtree”
- 5. Select the province that you reside in/where your business operates from, by clicking on the check box next to each ‘channel’
- 6. Once selected, fill in the missing fields as seen below:
- 7. Finally click Save. You will then see Gumtree “your province” listed under Subscribed Channels
If that was a lot to digest and you’re still sitting with questions, then take a look at some of the FAQ answers below:
- 1. Is there a limit to how many ads I can publish?
- No, you can publish as many ads as you like, subject to your package selection.
- 2. Can I link my website to my ads on Gumtree?
- Yes, if you choose the 200 or 1000 listing package with 24hr automated bump ups, this feature is added to all your listings at no additional cost. If you choose a different package, you’re still able to purchase this feature at R99 per listing.
- 3. If I get stuck, will there be someone I can contact?
- 4. How long will set up of my account take?
- Once Gumtree has received your signed application form, they will create an account for you and one of their onboarding team members will be in touch with you. This process can happen within 24 hours during the week. Once your Gumtree ProTool account is activated, you can then sign up to Gumtree as a channel on ShoppingFeeder, by following the steps above.
- 5. How do I pay?
- The default payment option is set as a debit order. This is billed monthly. If you would prefer to pay in advance, you can use the debit/credit card option available on the website.
Gumtree ProTool makes selling as a business super easy! With a relatively quick account set up and being able to list as many ads as you like, your business will be set to receive some record breaking sales.
We hope this article gave good insight as to what selling on Gumtree entails. For more helpful articles on how to sell on other channels, visit our insights blog.