An eCommerce Guide to Using Ozow
One of the most important aspects of running an online store is the payment options you offer to your customers. Although it may be important for you to know you’re receiving your funds at the end of the day, it’s as important to online shoppers to be ensured a safe and secure checkout. Well, we’re happy to inform you that Ozow, one of South Africa’s most popular payment services, guarantees exactly that! And with Black Friday coming up, you’re going to want to make sure you and your customers don’t have anything to worry about when it comes to checking out. This article offers an eCommerce guide to using Ozow.
What is Ozow?
Ozow is a a payment service that offers easy, fast and secure payment options for all. Most importantly, Ozow accommodates all payment needs, be it eCommerce, point of sale, e-billing, peer-to-peer payments or even QR codes!
Some of the key benefits include:
- Ozow facilitates a safe, convenient and automated payment process between merchants and customers.
- A simple, hassle-free payment method for your customers resulting in fewer abandoned carts, more happy customers and overall, increased sales.
- A secure shopping experience, due to two-factor authentication. Receiving payments through Ozow is a more secure payment method than alternative payment solutions.
What costs are involved in using Ozow?
You’ll be happy to know that Ozow prides itself in being a payment service provider that does not require monthly subscriptions or set up fees! Instead, using Ozow would mean that you only pay a percentage of the transaction processed through Ozow.
Ozow offers three packages; namely Ozow Enterprise, Ozow Business and Ozow Social. More information on each of these packages can be found here.
How do I sign up to Ozow?
Signing up to Ozow is relatively simple. To sign up, all you need to do is visit the Ozow website and click ‘Register Company’. Prompts will then guide you to create an account.
It’s important to note that any merchant can sign up to Ozow, provided that they pass Ozow’s internal KYC and vetting process.
Using Ozow over BFCM
Although Black Friday may be a time of much excitement for both customers and merchants, it’s important to remain mindful of online safety and security. We therefore recommend all merchants (you) to partner with Ozow to ensure safety and security for the many transactions that will be coming your way soon!
Here are a few ways Ozow ensures safety and security over busy periods such as BFCM:
- Ozow partners with F-Secure, a leading security company, to perform regular penetration
testing of its platform and products. This is in addition to our PCI-DSS penetration testing and
- They perform regular reverse-image and unique phrase searches to identify potential website clones used to phish for data.
- Ozow uses end-to-end encryption via Transport Layer Security (TLS) to ensures all the data their users share is encrypted and secure.
- They use Data Theft Protection solutions to detect, and then prevent confidential and personal information being leaked.
Overall, if you’re looking for a payment provider that ensures safe and secure transactions, look no further than Ozow! This article provided an eCommerce Guide to Using Ozow and covered what Ozow is, the costs involved in using Ozow, the sign up process and how Ozow ensures safe and secure checkouts.
For more insightful articles, visit our blog.